In operational terminology, multiple users with this Hornet-PRR radio deployed in a large open field, densely populated city center, or thick forest area would be able to communicate with voice and data (Video) through the MANET (Mesh) network. The Hornet-PRR radios would route through the best data rate options automatically, maintaining contact from end to end.
The Hornet-PRR is a compact, lightweight, and low-powered (2 x 100mW) radio that is clipped to the webbing/belt and operated by a handset/headset with PTT. The video cameras may be helmet and/or chest-mounted.
The typical radio-to-radio range is 300 – 500 meters but meshed through a string, the end-to-end range could be up to 20km.
The HORNET-PRR is fully compatible with the HORNET-1 which is a higher-powered radio to form a strong mesh node for extended range when placed in the center of the group, up in a tree, on a hill, or on a drone. The Hornet-1 MiMo radio is a 2 x 1W radio providing coverage of 1.5 to 15km.
MIMO Mesh-Ultra technology (MANET)
AES128 or AES256 Encryption Options
Programmable over the air
Adaptive Data rates 05.Mbps up to 87MBps SNR dependent.
Low latency, under 180ms for video; less than 20ms for data
2x SD/HD-SDI Powered Camera input (5VDC, encoders embedded)
2x 100mW total RF output power
Ethernet and RS485, Accessory Options
Standard Rapid Mission Time: 4 hours with built-in Battery (continuous 12Mbps operation)
Extended Mission Time: 23 hours of Battery Life with external battery (continuous 12Mbps
Built-In GPS for Situational Awareness, (Position Tracking)
Compact, lightweight Rugged Design.
- Frequency Range – 1.98-2.70 GHz (other Frequency models available on request)
- Channel – 1 TX + up to 16 RX (Configurable)
- Power Source – 12VDC (nom) 8-18VDC (operational)
- RF Impedance – 50-ohm nominal, unbalanced
- Dimensions – 60w x 136h x 38d mm
- Weight – 250g
- Interfaces – Headset (MIC, SPK, PTT)
– Rotary Volume
– Aux (Ethernet, RS485)
– TNC x2 Antenna
– HD-BNC x2 (SD/HD-SDI video Input 75Ω
– Power (8-18V)
- Battery Capacity – 1400mWh, 11.1V Nom.
- Expected Mission Time – 4 hours (Voice Data)
- Extended Mission Time – 23 hours (Voice and reduced Data rates)