NVIS Manpack Broadband Antenna
The NVIS Manpack Antenna antenna light is light, and portable and will provide a far better signal quality in the skip sone when a traditional whip antenna is not effective and a dipole or elevation mast is not available.
The antenna does not require an elevation kit such as a mast since deployment could be on or just above the ground.
- The transformer is merely screwed onto the Manpack radio, and the radiating wire is attached and deployed perpendicular to the expected communications direction, either in sloping or flat on the ground depending on ground conditions.
- A counterpoise grounding wire and the peg are attached to the radio and the counterpoise wire is deployed in the opposite direction of radiating wire.
- When the ground is damp or wet, it would be advised to elevate a little, above ground using any non-conducting materials.
- If the ground is dry, the wire can be deployed on the ground.
- The user then dials the communication frequency and starts communicating.
- In most cases, tuning is not required since the match is broadband.
Parts List in Kit:
Sectional Whip (optional)
Quick Reference guide.
|Power Handling||100W SSB|
|Matching SWR||<1:2.5 typical|
|Mounting to Radio||Modified BNC-M / M25x1.25 Threaded spindle|
|Radiator Wire Length||Spade onto thumb screw.|
|Radiator wire attachment||M5 captive brass thumb screw for wire or spade|
|Radiator whip Length*||2.7 – 5m sectional whip|
|Radiator Whip attachment||M14 x 1.5 thread|
|Grounding Point||4mm Diameter hole for counterpoise wire.|
|Temperature range||-40 …..+70°C|
No images found.