Rack and Panel Mount Radios
ABOUT The Rack Mounted RADIOS
To differentiate between different forces and thus various color finishes, we’ve named them;
- The BADGER1 range of radios is powder-coated in either Olive Drab or Desert Tan Colour for the ARMY with Standard Leopard1 H, HV, and HU capabilities.
- The SHARK1 range of radios is powder-coated in a Dark Grey for NAVAL applications with Standard Leopard1 H, HV, and HU capabilities.
- The HAWK1 range of radios is powder-coated in a Light Sky Grey for AIR FORCE applications with Standard Leopard1 H, HV, and HU capabilities.
The radios can operate as a stand-alone radio in a 19″ rack or in a custom panel with typical Leopard1 RF power outputs of HF 30W, VHF 18W, and UHF 10W
For higher RF power there are options:
- Paired with our AFRACAL1-H RF Amplifier for 125W in HF
- Paired with our AFRACAL1-VU RF Amplifier for 75W in the VHF and UHF bands.
- Paired with our multiband AFRACAL2 RF Amplifier for 140W HF, 100W VHF, and 75 UHF.
- Pairing with our AFRACAL1000 RF Amplifier for 1kW HF.
- Integrated Radio and amplifier. See 19” Base Station Radio
- Custom options/ Band-specific side-mounted RF Amplifiers
The 150% larger Screen and a much larger keypad are made possible due to the larger control head made for 19″ Rack Mounting.
A narrower option of 14.5″ mounting in vehicles and smaller Boats is possible by simply unmounting the external speaker.
Inside the control head is a 3-way antenna switch which would switch 1.6-30Mhz for HF, 30.1 – 88MHz for VHF-Low, and 88.1-170/512Mhz for VHF-High to UHF typical antenna ranges.
Most inputs and outputs are routed also to the rear of the control head, cleaning up the look when rack mounted.
For the Air Force, the radios are upgraded to meet ICAO specifications in AM Airband communications.
Higher power outputs can be achieved with rear-mounted band-specific amplifiers, or the radios could be paired with our range of AFRACAL amplifiers for 100, to 1000W options.
The rugged 19″ Hammer Head family radios are ideal for TOC (Tactical Operation Centres) Ships and Mobile Command Centres.
– Digital Voice at 2400 / 1200 / 600/ 300 bps.
– AES256 Encryption.
– 256 Key Selection.
– Fast Frequency Hopping:
– Satellite Signal Hop Synchronisation (SSHS)
– Over The Air Hop Synchronisation. (OTAHS)
– Up to 40Mhz wide
— Up to 600 hops/sec.
— Up to 40,000 different hopping nets.
– VHF/UHF FM 16kbps – 128kbps
- 3G ALE (2G Optional)
- Ad Hoc Channel Scan
- Emergency Channels Monitoring